EXCLUSIVE TO KITCHEN WAREHOUSE
The Yaxell Ran Plus 15cm Chef's Knife is purposely designed to be shorter than the conventional kitchen blade without discounting sharpness and strength. While its length allows for greater balance and control, its cutting precision is enhanced by the heat-treated blade's extremely tough core clad in multiple layers of stainless steel. The sleek, highly durable canvas-micarta handle provides a comfortable grip and complements the striking Damascus pattern. Beautifully made with superior quality and performance, the Yaxell Ran Plus knife range is a clear epitome of Japanese tradition and high standards of excellence.
- Blade has a VG10 super steel core that is comprised of carbon for hardness, molybdenum for corrosion resistance, vanadium for low wear and tear, and cobalt for strength
- Core is enveloped with 34 layers of soft and hard high-carbon stainless steel on each side to create a 69-layered knife with exceptional rust-resistance and stunning Damascus pattern
- Yaxell blades are heated in a very hot kiln, ice hardened, then tempered in high temperature, a heat treatment technique which makes the blades strong and durable
- Special heat treatment of the blade results in an outstanding hardness rating of 61 degrees on the Rockwell scale, which gives the knife cutting precision that lasts
- Hand-engraved blade is honed with a double bevel edge for precision cutting
- Crafted in the heart of Seki, the Japanese capital for sword-making for over 700 years
- Features a wood-like black handle made of FDA-approved canvas-micarta—an odourless and highly durable material of linen and resin compressed under high temperature—that is water-resistant, hygienic, and suitable for kitchen use
- Stainless steel engraved end-cap and twin rivets keep the handle stable and affixed to the blade
- Superior knife that suits both left and right-handed users
- Broad, shorter blade ensures controlled chopping and optimum safety especially for users with smaller hands
- Equip your kitchen with other top-end knives from the Yaxell Ran Plus range.
|Construction||VG10 super stainless steel (core), soft and hard high-carbon stainless|
steel (cladding), and canvas-micarta (handle)
|Cleaning and care||Wash with a sponge and mild detergent and wipe with a towel to dry thoroughly|
Sharpen the cutting edge regularly using a grinding wheel or sharpener
Store in a well-ventilated place
|Warranty||Limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship|
Be the first to write a review
Select a row below to filter reviews.
Yaxell Ran Plus Chef's Knife 15cm
30% Off RRP