EXCLUSIVE TO KITCHEN WAREHOUSE
HURRY LOW STOCK!
Mainly used for efficiently chopping, slicing, and mincing vegetables and fruits, the Yaxell Mon 18cm Nakiri Knife is popular with vegetarians and alike. While its thin blade profile makes it more suitable for gentle chopping of firm and softer produce, its super sharp edge makes quick work of food prep. Crafted by Japanese artisans, this knife features a hard core clad by high quality stainless steel to retain a lasting cutting edge and withstand years of use in the kitchen. Made in the sword-making capital in Japan, Yaxell Mon knives pay tribute to a long tradition of craftsmanship and artistry of skilled blacksmiths.
- Japanese-style vegetable cleaver that features a unique blade shape perfect for slicing and dicing vegetables, mincing herbs and cutting fruit or cheese
- Blade core is made of VG10 super stainless steel consisting of three significant metals: cobalt for hardness, molybdenum for corrosion resistance, and vanadium for low wear and tear
- Core is covered by two layers of high quality stainless steel on each side, rendering a three-layered blade that resists slight chipping, breaking, or rusting
- Has a blade hardness of approximately 61 degrees on the Rockwell scale, an unprecedented strength for kitchen knives
- Heated in a very hot kiln, ice hardened, then tempered for in high temperature, making the blade corrosion resistant and extra tough
- Blade is individually sand-blasted and honed by trained craftsmen with a double bevel edge at 12-15 degrees on both sides
- Sleek black handle made of canvas-micarta—a heated and compressed resin and linen material that is water-resistant and lasts for decades—is tightly fastened by two strong stainless steel rivets for security
- Solid forged stainless steel end and collar welded in invisible conjunction in between the handle and blade provide stability and a comfortable grip for the user
- Adorned by a beautiful katana (samurai sword) wave line on the edge, that is reminiscent of the expert artistry put on forging razor sharp swords
- Crafted in the heart of Seki, the Japanese capital for sword and knife-making for over 700 years
- Lightweight and sharp knife that suits both left and right-handed users
- Equip your kitchen with other top-end knives from the Yaxell Mon range
||VG10 super stainless steel (blade core), hard and soft stainless steel (cladding),
and canvas-micarta (handle)
|Cleaning and care
||Handwash with lukewarm water and mild detergent then wipe to dry thoroughly
Store in a well-ventilated place preferrably in a knife block, knife case or on a knife strip
Maintain by sharpening with a sharpening rod or grinding with the Yaxell Ran 2 Stage Sharpener
||Limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
Be the first to write a review
Select a row below to filter reviews.
Incredible knife at affordable price
A knife so good that I'm leaving my first review! Perfect for vegetable prep, a good kitchen workhorse
READ MORE REVIEWS
New favourite knife
As the title says - I Love using this nakiri! It replaced my other nakiri and I haven't picked up a large santoku since getting this knife, it's so well balanced and just a pleasure to use. Big fan of the Mon range now.
Yaxell Mon Nakiri Knife 18cm
30% Off RRP
Mainly used for efficiently chopping slicing and mincing vegetables and fruits the Yaxell Mon 18cm Nakiri Knife is popular with vegetarians and alike. While its thin blade profile makes it more suitable for gentle chopping of firm and softer produce its super sharp edge makes quick work of food prep. Crafted by Japanese artisans this knife features a hard core clad by high quality stainless steel to retain a lasting cutting edge and withstand years of use in the kitchen. Made in the swordmaking capital in Japan Yaxell Mon knives pay tribute to a long tradition of craftsmanship and artistry of skilled blacksmiths.