EXCLUSIVE TO KITCHEN WAREHOUSE
The rectangular form of the 18cm Yaxell Zen Nakiri Knife reinforced with superior sharpness makes it the ideal vegetable prep tool. Its blade, while broad and sharp, is lightweight and thin. These are countered by specially selected materials that make up its core and cladding, which creates a robust knife that can withstand intense chopping. On top of its superior cutting performance, Yaxell Zen knives feature a hygienic, non-slip canvas-micarta handle, which enhances the stunning hammered surface of the blade.
- Blade has a VG10 super stainless steel core that is comprised of molybdenum for corrosion resistance, vanadium for low wear and tear, and cobalt for strength
- Core is enveloped with 18 layers of soft and hard high-carbon stainless steel on each side to create a 37-layered knife with exceptional rust-resistance and stunning Damascus pattern
- Hammered finish embellishes the upper blade and puts meticulous Japanese artistry on display
- Yaxell blades are heated in a very hot kiln then tempered in high temperature, a heat treatment technique which makes the blades strong and durable
- Special heat treatment of the blade results in an outstanding hardness rating of 61 degrees on the Rockwell scale, which gives the knife cutting precision that lasts
- Hand-engraved blade is honed with a double bevel edge for precision cutting
- Crafted in the heart of Seki, the Japanese capital for sword-making for over 700 years
- Features a wood-like black handle made of FDA-approved canvas-micarta—an odourless and highly durable material of linen and resin compressed under high temperature—that is water-resistant, hygienic, and suitable for kitchen use
- Stainless steel rivets keep the handle stable and affixed to the blade
- Slight texture of the handle prevents the risk of the knife slipping with wet hands
- Superior knife that suits both left and right-handed users
- Designed to have the combined features of a cleaver and a chef’s knife which makes it suitable for slicing, chopping, peeling, and descaling
- Equip your kitchen with other top-end knives from the Yaxell Zen range
|Construction||VG10 super stainless steel (core), soft and hard high-carbon stainless|
steel (cladding), and canvas-micarta (handle)
|Cleaning and care||Wash with a sponge and mild detergent and wipe with a towel to dry thoroughly|
Sharpen the cutting edge regularly using a grinding wheel or sharpener
Store in a well-ventilated place
|Warranty||Limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship|
Be the first to write a review
Select a row below to filter reviews.
Yaxell Zen Nakiri Knife
My first Nakiri knife and I am really impressed with its beautiful hammered finish. It performed faultlessly with vegetable preparation but also thinly meat. It is very well balanced and comfortable in my hand. I bought it as a companion to my Santoku knife but it has proved so versatile that I will probably use it for just about everything in the future.
READ MORE REVIEWS
You won't regret having this knife in your life
This knife is the best one I have ever used. It slices everything so perfectly and smoothly. The size was just perfect for every day kitchen life.
Yaxell Zen Nakiri Knife 18cm
30% Off RRP