EXCLUSIVE TO KITCHEN WAREHOUSE
The Yaxell Zen 20cm Chef's Knife is the all-around cutting tool with the added features of a Japanese-made blade, making it versatile and invaluable. Its length and broadness give the knife ample weight to tackle large cuts of meat or tougher vegetables. Layers of stainless steel covering the core not only retains its ultra-sharp edge but also gives the blade its stunning aesthetic appeal. Kiln-heated and ice-hardened in Japan's sword-making capital, the Yaxell Zen knives assure cutting edge performance that lasts.
- Blade has a VG10 super stainless steel core that is comprised of molybdenum for corrosion resistance, vanadium for low wear and tear, and cobalt for strength
- Core is enveloped with 18 layers of soft and hard high-carbon stainless steel on each side to create a 37-layered knife with exceptional rust-resistance and stunning Damascus pattern
- Hammered finish embellishes the upper blade and puts meticulous Japanese artistry on display
- Yaxell blades are heated in a very hot kiln then tempered in high temperature, a heat treatment technique which makes the blades strong and durable
- Special heat treatment of the blade results in an outstanding hardness rating of 61 degrees on the Rockwell scale, which gives the knife cutting precision that lasts
- Hand-engraved blade is honed with a double bevel edge for precision cutting
- Crafted in the heart of Seki, the Japanese capital for sword-making for over 700 years
- Features a wood-like black handle made of FDA-approved canvas-micarta—an odourless and highly durable material of linen and resin compressed under high temperature—that is water-resistant, hygienic, and suitable for kitchen use
- Stainless steel rivets keep the handle stable and affixed to the blade
- Slight texture of the handle prevents the risk of the knife slipping with wet hands
- Superior knife that suits both left and right-handed users
- Equip your kitchen with other top-end knives from the Yaxell Zen range
|Construction||VG10 super stainless steel (core), soft and hard high-carbon stainless|
steel (cladding), and canvas-micarta (handle)
|Cleaning and care||Wash with a sponge and mild detergent and wipe with a towel to dry thoroughly|
Sharpen the cutting edge regularly using a grinding wheel or sharpener
Store in a well-ventilated place
|Warranty||Limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship|
Be the first to write a review
Select a row below to filter reviews.
Well Balanced, Good Weight and easy to maintain
I have been a Chef for the past 15 years, and have quite a collection of knives. The Yaxell Chefs knife has quickly become a favourite of mine. It's a great size, and good weight for the long hours of use, and keeps a good edge with heavy use.
The best part about this knife is the quality of the steel and how easy it is to maintain, which is important with how much use I tend to give my knives.
It will serve you well in the kitchen, at home or at work, and for the price, it is an exceptional choice.
READ MORE REVIEWS
Zen Chef's Knife
I attended a knife skills course at Kitchen Warehouse and was so impressed with the Zen Chef's knife that I bought one. It is very sharp, well weighted, and quite beautiful.
Yaxell Zen Chef's Knife 20cm
17% Off RRP