EXCLUSIVE TO KITCHEN WAREHOUSE
HURRY LOW STOCK!
The Yaxell Ran 16.5cm Santoku Knife is crafted with select materials and traditional sword-making techniques to deliver outstanding performance and results. With a four-metal core covered in high-carbon stainless steel, craftsmen are able to construct this superior santoku with a 61-degree hardness rating and long-lasting sharpness. These combined features allow the sheepsfoot-tip blade to excel in various kitchen tasks, be it chopping tough root vegetables or mincing delicate herbs. The striking Damascus blade pattern complements the black canvas-micarta handle that is also odourless and durable. Traditional sword-making techniques and choice materials make the Yaxell Ran knives truly one of a kind.
- Blade has a VG10 super steel core that is comprised of carbon for hardness, molybdenum for corrosion resistance, vanadium for low wear and tear, and cobalt for strength
- Core is enveloped with 34 layers of soft and hard high-carbon stainless steel on each side to create a 69-layered knife with exceptional rust-resistance and stunning Damascus pattern
- Yaxell blades are heated in a very hot kiln, ice hardened, then tempered in high temperature, a heat treatment technique which makes the blades strong and durable
- Special heat treatment of the blade results in an outstanding hardness rating of 61 degrees on the Rockwell scale, which gives the knife cutting precision that lasts
- Crafted in the heart of Seki, the Japanese capital for sword-making for over 700 years
- Features a wood-like black handle made of FDA-approved canvas-micartaan odourless and highly durable material of linen and resin compressed under high temperaturethat is water-resistant, hygienic, and suitable for kitchen use
- Stainless steel cap and rivets keep the handle stable and affixed to the blade
- Flat edge suits the thrust cutting technique when chopping, dicing, or mincing
- Equip your kitchen with other top-end knives from the Yaxell Ran range
|Construction||VG10 super stainless steel (core), soft and hard high-carbon stainless|
steel (cladding), and canvas-micarta (handle)
|Cleaning and care||Wash with a sponge and mild detergent and wipe with a towel to dry thoroughly|
Sharpen the cutting edge regularly using a grinding wheel or sharpener
Store in a well-ventilated place
|Warranty||Limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship|
Be the first to write a review
Select a row below to filter reviews.
An awesome knife straight out of the box, great weight, the grip is really comfortable, is extremely sharp so watch your fingers, I highly recommend you get one into your kitchen
READ MORE REVIEWS
Very comfortable and sharp
Yaxell Ran Plus Santoku Knife 16.5cm
12% Off RRP
The Yaxell Ran 16.5cm Santoku Knife is crafted with select materials and traditional swordmaking techniques to deliver outstanding performance and results. With a fourmetal core covered in highcarbon stainless steel craftsmen are able to construct this superior santoku with a 61degree hardness rating and longlasting sharpness. These combined features allow the sheepsfoottip blade to excel in various kitchen tasks be it chopping tough root vegetables or mincing delicate herbs. The striking Damascus blade pattern complements the black canvasmicarta handle that is also odourless and durable. Traditional swordmaking techniques and choice materials make the Yaxell Ran knives truly one of a kind.