EXCLUSIVE TO KITCHEN WAREHOUSE
The Yaxell Ran 16.5cm Santoku Knife is crafted with select materials and traditional sword-making techniques to deliver outstanding performance and results. With a four-metal core covered in high-carbon stainless steel, craftsmen are able to construct this superior santoku with a 61-degree hardness rating and long-lasting sharpness. These combined features allow the sheepsfoot-tip blade to excel in various kitchen tasks, be it chopping tough root vegetables or mincing delicate herbs. The striking Damascus blade pattern complements the black canvas-micarta handle that is also odourless and durable. Traditional sword-making techniques and choice materials make the Yaxell Ran knives truly one of a kind.
- Blade has a VG10 super steel core that is comprised of carbon for hardness, molybdenum for corrosion resistance, vanadium for low wear and tear, and cobalt for strength
- Core is enveloped with 34 layers of soft and hard high-carbon stainless steel on each side to create a 69-layered knife with exceptional rust-resistance and stunning Damascus pattern
- Yaxell blades are heated in a very hot kiln, ice hardened, then tempered in high temperature, a heat treatment technique which makes the blades strong and durable
- Special heat treatment of the blade results in an outstanding hardness rating of 61 degrees on the Rockwell scale, which gives the knife cutting precision that lasts
- Crafted in the heart of Seki, the Japanese capital for sword-making for over 700 years
- Features a wood-like black handle made of FDA-approved canvas-micartaan odourless and highly durable material of linen and resin compressed under high temperaturethat is water-resistant, hygienic, and suitable for kitchen use
- Stainless steel cap and rivets keep the handle stable and affixed to the blade
- Flat edge suits the thrust cutting technique when chopping, dicing, or mincing
- Equip your kitchen with other top-end knives from the Yaxell Ran range
|Construction||VG10 super stainless steel (core), soft and hard high-carbon stainless|
steel (cladding), and canvas-micarta (handle)
|Cleaning and care||Wash with a sponge and mild detergent and wipe with a towel to dry thoroughly|
Sharpen the cutting edge regularly using a grinding wheel or sharpener
Store in a well-ventilated place
|Warranty||Limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship|
Be the first to write a review
Select a row below to filter reviews.
Comfortable, sharp and beautiful to look at.
READ MORE REVIEWS
Very comfortable and sharp
Yaxell Ran Plus Santoku Knife 16.5cm
16% Off RRP