EXCLUSIVE TO KITCHEN WAREHOUSE
An ideal blade for smaller and delicate kitchen tasks, the premium construction of the Yaxell Ran Plus 8cm Paring Knife adds to its versatility. This 69-layered kitchen essential is made of a four-component core enfolded with layers of stainless steel, producing a Damascus blade that is also extremely hard and corrosion-resistant. The sharp blade's fusion to the elegant canvas-micarta handle gives the hand optimum control and comfort when peeling, trimming, or creating detailed garnishes. Produced in Japan's sword-making capital using traditional and modern techniques, the Yaxell Ran Plus knife range offers value beyond expectations.
- Blade has a VG10 super steel core that is comprised of carbon for hardness, molybdenum for corrosion resistance, vanadium for low wear and tear, and cobalt for strength
- Core is enveloped with 34 layers of soft and hard high-carbon stainless steel on each side to create a 69-layered knife with exceptional rust-resistance and stunning Damascus pattern
- Yaxell blades are heated in a very hot kiln, ice hardened, then tempered in high temperature, a heat treatment technique which makes the blades strong and durable
- Special heat treatment of the blade results in an outstanding hardness rating of 61 degrees on the Rockwell scale, which gives the knife cutting precision that lasts
- Hand-engraved blade is honed with a double bevel edge for precision cutting
- Crafted in the heart of Seki, the Japanese capital for sword-making for over 700 years
- Features a wood-like black handle made of FDA-approved canvas-micarta—an odourless and highly durable material of linen and resin compressed under high temperature—that is water-resistant, hygienic, and suitable for kitchen use
- Stainless steel engraved end-cap and twin rivets keep the handle stable and affixed to the blade
- Superior knife that suits both left and right-handed users
- Short yet versatile blade for peeling, trimming, coring, and other more detailed knife work
- Equip your kitchen with other top-end knives from the Yaxell Ran Plus range
|Construction||VG10 super stainless steel (core), soft and hard high-carbon stainless|
steel (cladding), and canvas-micarta (handle)
|Cleaning and care||Wash with a sponge and mild detergent and wipe with a towel to dry thoroughly|
Sharpen the cutting edge regularly using a grinding wheel or sharpener
Store in a well-ventilated place
|Warranty||Limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship|
Be the first to write a review
Select a row below to filter reviews.
Precision instrument and a work of art
This paring knife is like no other I've had. At 99 g. it sits comfortably in my hand not feeling heavy or lightweight. The razor sharp blade and point, glide into the fruit and vegetables without resistance requiring no effort - like waving a baton in the air!
Then to finish of, the wavy pattern of the damascus blade always captures my eye when washing it, appreciating the fine art of Japanese craftsmanship.
READ MORE REVIEWS
Yaxell Ran Plus Paring Knife 8cm
30% Off RRP