EXCLUSIVE TO KITCHEN WAREHOUSE
A knife that represents status and expertise in Japanese kitchens, the sword-like Yaxell Ran Plus 20cm Kiritsuke Knife also features one-of-a-kind power and versatility. Rather than the rocking motion of a chef's knife, the straight, sharp edge of this rust-resistant kiritsuke suits the thrust cutting technique when making juliennes or thin vegetable slices. The 69-layered Damascus blade, while stunning, is also broad to clean and portion fish, scoop food into the pan, or turn aromatics like ginger or garlic into a paste. The Yaxell Ran Plus range is crafted using the finest raw materials and traditional sword-making techniques, making each knife truly extraordinary in every aspect.
- Blade has a VG10 super steel core that is comprised of carbon for hardness, molybdenum for corrosion resistance, vanadium for low wear and tear, and cobalt for strength
- Core is enveloped with 34 layers of soft and hard high-carbon stainless steel on each side to create a 69-layered knife with exceptional rust-resistance and stunning Damascus pattern
- Yaxell blades are heated in a very hot kiln, ice hardened, then tempered in high temperature, a heat treatment technique which makes the blades strong and durable
- Special heat treatment of the blade results in an outstanding hardness rating of 61 degrees on the Rockwell scale, which gives the knife cutting precision that lasts
- Hand-engraved blade is honed with a double bevel edge for precision cutting
- Crafted in the heart of Seki, the Japanese capital for sword-making for over 700 years
- Features a wood-like black handle made of FDA-approved canvas-micarta—an odourless and highly durable material of linen and resin compressed under high temperature—that is water-resistant, hygienic, and suitable for kitchen use
- Stainless steel engraved end-cap and twin rivets keep the handle stable and affixed to the blade
- Superior knife that suits both left and right-handed users
- Broad, straight edge makes the knife functional for paring, chopping, and filleting
- Equip your kitchen with other top-end knives from the Yaxell Ran Plus range
|Construction||VG10 super stainless steel (core), soft and hard high-carbon stainless|
steel (cladding), and canvas-micarta (handle)
|Cleaning and care||Wash with a sponge and mild detergent and wipe with a towel to dry thoroughly|
Sharpen the cutting edge regularly using a grinding wheel or sharpener
Store in a well-ventilated place
|Warranty||Limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship|
Be the first to write a review
Select a row below to filter reviews.
Ran Plus Kiritsuke Knife 20cm
This is my second Yaxell Knife.
In a word BRILLIANT!!!!!
This knife is so sharp right out of the box.
Because of this,, it has give me a healthier respect when using the knife & I now take even more care because oft his.
I have never been able to slice onion & soft ripe tomatoes so thinly.
It is a pleasure to use.
Love this knife & as a result, have ordered another 6 knives from the range to complete my collection
READ MORE REVIEWS
Fantastic craftsmanship and unparalleled versatility
I love Yaxell knives. Having used a Yaxell Ran 16cm for nearly 15 years, buying the Kiritsuke was a no brainer. They come razor sharp out of the box and the blade is easy to maintain even for a home cook like myself. The knife can be used for a variety of tasks from delicate preparation of vegetables to cutting your boneless meats.
Yaxell Ran Plus Kiritsuke Knife 20cm
30% Off RRP