EXCLUSIVE TO KITCHEN WAREHOUSE
Crafted for precision carving, the Yaxell Mon 25.5cm Slicing Knife comes with a thin profile and longer blade. This three-layered knife has a lasting sharpness meant for even cuts and fine slices of your Christmas turkey, Easter ham or Sunday barbecue brisket. Fused with a durable canvas-micarta handle that provides a good grip when slicing, this knife is perfectly balanced for ease of use. Forged using modern technology yet hand-honed by skilled artisans, the Japanese-made Yaxell Mon knives cut like no other blade.
- Crafted with a long blade for effortless carving of cooked meats and poultry
- Blade core is made of VG10 super stainless steel consisting of three significant metals: cobalt for hardness, molybdenum for corrosion resistance, and vanadium for low wear and tear
- Core is covered by two layers of high quality stainless steel on each side, rendering a three-layered blade that resists slight chipping, breaking, or rusting
- Has a blade hardness of approximately 61 degrees on the Rockwell scale, an unprecedented strength for kitchen knives
- Heated in a very hot kiln, ice hardened, then tempered for in high temperature, making the blade corrosion resistant and extra tough
- Blade is individually sand-blasted and honed by trained craftsmen with a double bevel edge at 12-15 degrees on both sides
- Sleek black handle made of canvas-micarta—a heated and compressed resin and linen material that is water-resistant and lasts for decades—is tightly fastened by two strong stainless steel rivets for security
- Solid forged stainless steel end and collar welded in invisible conjunction in between the handle and blade provide stability and a comfortable grip for the user
- Adorned by a beautiful katana (samurai sword) wave line on the edge, that is reminiscent of the expert artistry put on forging razor sharp swords
- Crafted in the heart of Seki, the Japanese capital for sword and knife-making for over 700 years
- Lightweight and sharp knife that suits both left and right-handed users
- Equip your kitchen with other top-end knives from the Yaxell Mon range
||VG10 super stainless steel (blade core), hard and soft stainless steel (cladding),
and canvas-micarta (handle)
|Cleaning and care
||Handwash with lukewarm water and mild detergent then wipe to dry thoroughly
Store in a well-ventilated place preferrably in a knife block, knife case or on a knife strip
Maintain by sharpening with a sharpening rod or grinding with the Yaxell Ran 2 Stage Sharpener
||Limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
Be the first to write a review
Select a row below to filter reviews.
Japanese precision, Wonderful knife!
I've been using this knife at my work place kitchen for about 6 months now. Let me tell you, it's an amazing knife!
On any normal day I can chop 4 to 5kg of diced onion. The knifes light weight, sleek design and durable cutting edge means less fatigue on those larger jobs. The handle is very comfortable to hold, it feels very snug in my hand as I switch positions to use different cutting techniques. When the knife becomes dull between jobs, all it needs is a few strokes on the steel to bring the knifes edge back to center. It's held it's edge beautifully after being "abused" 5 days a week in a commercial kitchen.
When the knifes edge became too dull after 5 months of constant use, I put it over my set of whet stones to create a new cutting edge. 15 minutes of sharpening and the knife was like new again. A small investment in time, but a big return.
For a professional chef, this knife is the perfect all rounder. For the home cook, this is a knife that will last you a lifetime.
READ MORE REVIEWS
Like the rest of the Mon range, I cannot fault this slicer. Beautiful knife, outstanding feel and quality, awesome value for money,
Yaxell Mon Slicing Knife 25.5cm
17% Off RRP