EXCLUSIVE TO KITCHEN WAREHOUSE
HURRY LOW STOCK!
Thinner and lighter in nature, this Yaxell Mon 16.5cm Santoku Knife is a versatile tool large enough for great cutting tasks yet nimble enough for precision cuts. The forged super stainless steel that make up its core provides a remarkable sharpness to its edge while the outer layer provides protection against rusting and chipping. Adding to its beautifully made blade with a sword wave line on the edge, is the durable canvas-micarta handle honed by hand to perfection. The fusion of these two elements in invisible conjunction creates a well-balanced knife that is not only super comfortable to use but also efficient with precision.
- Versatile santoku is almost similar to all-around chef's knife but with a shorter blade to provide more control in mincing, slicing, chopping and more
- Blade core is made of VG10 super stainless steel consisting of three significant metals: cobalt for hardness, molybdenum for corrosion resistance, and vanadium for low wear and tear
- Core is covered by two layers of high quality stainless steel on each side, rendering a three-layered blade that resists slight chipping, breaking, or rusting
- Has a blade hardness of approximately 61 degrees on the Rockwell scale, an unprecedented strength for kitchen knives
- Heated in a very hot kiln, ice hardened, then tempered for in high temperature, making the blade corrosion resistant and extra tough
- Blade is individually sand-blasted and honed by trained craftsmen with a double bevel edge at 12-15 degrees on both sides
- Sleek black handle made of canvas-micarta—a heated and compressed resin and linen material that is water-resistant and lasts for decades—is tightly fastened by two strong stainless steel rivets for security
- Solid forged stainless steel end and collar welded in invisible conjunction in between the handle and blade provide stability and a comfortable grip for the user
- Adorned by a beautiful katana (samurai sword) wave line on the edge, that is reminiscent of the expert artistry put on forging razor sharp swords
- Crafted in the heart of Seki, the Japanese capital for sword and knife-making for over 700 years
- Lightweight and sharp knife that suits both left and right-handed users
- Equip your kitchen with other top-end knives from the Yaxell Mon range
||VG10 super stainless steel (blade core), hard and soft stainless steel (cladding),
and canvas-micarta (handle)
|Cleaning and care
||Handwash with lukewarm water and mild detergent then wipe to dry thoroughly
Store in a well-ventilated place preferrably in a knife block, knife case or on a knife strip
Maintain by sharpening with a sharpening rod or grinding with the Yaxell Ran 2 Stage Sharpener
||Limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
Be the first to write a review
Select a row below to filter reviews.
Best knife for the price
Compared to my other knives, this is very well balanced and comfortable (the handle is amazing). This knife is a real joy to use. After 3 months of heavy use, it is still super sharp.
READ MORE REVIEWS
Absolute pleasure using this knife. Holds its edge and feels very comfortable in the hand
Yaxell Mon Santoku Knife 16.5cm
15% Off RRP