EXCLUSIVE TO KITCHEN WAREHOUSE
The Yaxell Mon 25.5cm Chef's Knife is a go-to blade for almost every cutting task. The large blade, sharp edge, and pointed tip all work to facilitate with chopping, mincing, and slicing. With a hard core made of VG10 super steel, this extraordinary knife features a keen edge for precise cutting. Hand-honed and shaped, the black canvas-micarta handle renders full ergonomic grip and perfect balance that ensure comfort even during marathon prep sessions. Literally means the beautiful wave line, Mon is Yaxell's humbled knife series functional enough for any cook and elegant enough for any kitchen.
- Multipurpose kitchen knife great for most cutting tasks and ideal for an up-and-down cutting motion
- Blade core is made of VG10 super stainless steel consisting of three significant metals: cobalt for hardness, molybdenum for corrosion resistance, and vanadium for low wear and tear
- Core is covered by two layers of high quality stainless steel on each side, rendering a three-layered blade that resists slight chipping, breaking, or rusting
- Has a blade hardness of approximately 61 degrees on the Rockwell scale, an unprecedented strength for kitchen knives
- Heated in a very hot kiln, ice hardened, then tempered for in high temperature, making the blade corrosion resistant and extra tough
- Blade is individually sand-blasted and honed by trained craftsmen with a double bevel edge at 12-15 degrees on both sides
- Sleek black handle made of canvas-micarta—a heated and compressed resin and linen material that is water-resistant and lasts for decades—is tightly fastened by two strong stainless steel rivets for security
- Solid forged stainless steel end and collar welded in invisible conjunction in between the handle and blade provide stability and a comfortable grip for the user
- Adorned by a beautiful katana (samurai sword) wave line on the edge, that is reminiscent of the expert artistry put on forging razor sharp swords
- Crafted in the heart of Seki, the Japanese capital for sword and knife-making for over 700 years
- Lightweight and sharp knife that suits both left and right-handed users
- Equip your kitchen with other top-end knives from the Yaxell Mon range
||VG10 super stainless steel (blade core), hard and soft stainless steel (cladding),
and canvas-micarta (handle)
|Cleaning and care
||Handwash with lukewarm water and mild detergent then wipe to dry thoroughly
Store in a well-ventilated place preferrably in a knife block, knife case or on a knife strip
Maintain by sharpening with a sharpening rod or grinding with the Yaxell Ran 2 Stage Sharpener
||Limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
Be the first to write a review
Select a row below to filter reviews.
Great representation of a cooks knife
Weight is good. Not heavy. Blade stays sharp longer. Not to bulky.
READ MORE REVIEWS
Very light weight, very sharp, and comfortable to hold. Barely had to touch with the steel after 3 weeks use. After 20 years in the industry, this is one of my favorite knives I've used.
Yaxell Mon Chef's Knife 25.5cm
17% Off RRP