EXCLUSIVE TO KITCHEN WAREHOUSE
Versatility is one of the many key strengths of this superbly sharp Yaxell Gou 20cm Chef's Knife. Its multilayer blade which makes it easy to chop, dice, slice, and mince large quantities of meat and vegetables. Crafted with an ultra-hard powdered stainless steel core and a tough stainless steel Damascus cladding, the blade comes with a lasting sharp edge and rust resistant quality. Rated to 63 Rockwell hardness, the blade is also easy to maintain without requiring frequent sharpening for a long time. A product of expert artistry and groundbreaking technology, Yaxell Gou knives are forged by skilled craftsmen to achieve an unmatched sharpness and exceptional craftsmanship.
- Versatile knife perfect for almost any cutting task and ideal for an up-and-down cutting motion
- Has a blade core made of ultra-hard SG2 powdered stainless steel with micro carbine distribution for exceptional sharpness and lasting cutting edge
- Core is enclosed by 50 layers of hard and soft stainless steel on both sides, resulting to a 101-layered blade that protects the knife from chipping, breaking, or rusting
- Blade hardness is approximately 63 Rockwell, an unprecedented toughness for kitchen knives
- Heated in a very hot kiln, ice hardened, then tempered for in high temperature, to make the blade tougher and highly resistant to corrosion
- Knife is hand-sharpened by trained craftsmen to 12-15 degrees on either side for incredible razor sharpness
- Elegant handle made from canvas-micarta, a water-resistant resin and linen material, is secured by three strong rivets
- Perfectly balanced by a solid forged stainless steel end and bolster seamlessly welded to the blade
- Hand-engraved Japanese characters on the blade stand for Gou or "The superb"
- Crafted in the heart of Seki, the Japanese capital for sword-making for over 700 years
- Equip your kitchen with other top-end knives from the Yaxell Gou range
||SG2 micro-carbide powdered stainless steel (core), hard and soft stainless steel (blade),
and canvas-micarta (handle)
|Cleaning and care
||Handwash with lukewarm water and mild detergent then wipe to dry thoroughly
Store in a well-ventilated place preferably in a knife block, knife case or on a knife strip
Maintain by honing with a sharpening rod or grinding with the Yaxell Gou 2 Stage Water Sharpener
||Limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
Be the first to write a review
Select a row below to filter reviews.
The craftsmanship is outstanding. The feels in the hand is great, the weight is perfect for slicing. Can't rate it enough. Extremely happy with my purchase.
READ MORE REVIEWS
Yaxell Gou Chef's Knife 20cm
30% Off RRP