EXCLUSIVE TO KITCHEN WAREHOUSE
Sharpen and polish your blades like a pro using wet sharpening technology with the Shun Electric Wet Sharpener. With this simple and easy to use kitchen appliance, you can achieve the same brilliant sharpness and long lasting edge of a chef&aposs knife quickly and easily for your own kitchen use. Keep this handy unit on the counter for easy access or the cupboard for a secure storage when not in use.
- Powerful electric gadget that precisely and effortlessly sharpens double and single bevel knives
- Uses fine-grit whetstone and requires water to keep the blade cool and prevent damage
- Features two degree angles for accurate sharpening of Asian-style knives to 16-degree and European-style knives to 22-degree angle
- Comes with a generously sized reservoir to collect excess water and metal residue
- Also equipped with a handy lid to cover the stone and ensure safe sharpening of knives
- Includes a comprehensive user manual with helpful illustrations for easy navigation
|Construction||BPA-free plastic and whetstone|
|Cleaning and care||Rinse the whetstone with water |
Wipe the main unit clean with a damp cloth
Be the first to write a review
Select a row below to filter reviews.
Top of the Range Electric Knife Sharpener
This is one awesome electric wet stone sharpener from Shun. The idea of using water on the stone is to prevent overheating of the blade. The electric make it easier than using a whet stone. If you use Japanese cooks/chef's knives, this is the easiest way to get your knife sharp. Most Japanese knives are set at 16 deg angle and the supplied adaptor works a charm. There's also a 20 deg angle adaptor for most other cooks/chef's knives. And there's a brush included for getting rid of the burr. Unpacking was easy as was the set up. First few passes when sharpening was a little difficult until I relaxed my grip and let the knife slide through. I have a cheap Global Japanese chef's knife (G2) that actually requires a coarser grind to set the bevel/edge but this device did a good enough job to get the knife reasonably sharp.
The unit looks well made. Great value for your money. Would suit the serious home chef or even be suitable in a commercial kitchen.
I recommend........ (and I don't work for Shun)
READ MORE REVIEWS
Shun Electric Wet Sharpener
14% Off RRP