TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect may include the following:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- social media information;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- date of birth;
- credit card or other payment information;
- information about your business or personal circumstances;
- information in connection with client surveys, questionnaires and promotions;
- your device identity and type, I.P. address, geo-location information, page view statistics, advertising data and standard web log information;
- information about third parties; and
- any other information provided by you to us via our website or our online presence, or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information either directly from you, or from third parties, including where you:
- contact us through our website;
- receive goods or services from us;
- submit any of our online sign up forms;
- communicate with us via email, telephone, SMS, social applications (such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter) or otherwise;
- enter into promotional contests;
- interact with our website, social applications, services, content and advertising; and
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
We may also collect personal information from you when you use or access our website or our social media pages. This may be done through the use of web analytics tools, 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies that allow us to track and analyse your website usage. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device and enable and allow the creator of the cookie to identify when you visit different websites. If you do not wish information to be stored as a cookie, you can disable cookies in your web browser.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data, including when you use third party websites or apps. To find out more see How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps. We may also use other analytics services such as Zaius.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide services or information to you, including processing your orders and purchases;
- to contact you if necessary regarding your orders, general enquiries and competitions;
- to send you information from our cooking class program;
- to generate purchasing statistics from online surveys and competitions;
- for record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to provide information about you to our contractors, employees, consultants, agents or other third parties for the purpose of providing goods or services to you;
- to improve and optimise our service offering and customer experience;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you from us and other partners (if you have opted in to receive these) and for the purpose of direct marketing (in accordance with the Spam Act). In this regard, we may use email, SMS, social media or mail to send you direct marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt-out facility provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link);
- to send you administrative messages, reminders, notices, updates, security alerts, and other information requested by you; and
- to consider an application of employment from you.
We may disclose your personal information to cloud-providers, contractors and other third parties located inside or outside of Australia. If we do so, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient deals with such personal information in a manner consistent with how we deal with it.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
We provide third party advertisers with information that allows them to display ads that are relevant to you so we can measure their effectiveness.
If you would like to opt-out of any of our partners’ or third party services, you may have to do so separately from each service. You can visit www.youronlinechoices.com.au to learn more or contact us directly.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure and protected from misuse or unauthorised access. Our information technology systems are password protected, and we use a range of administrative and technical measures to protect these systems. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
REQUESTING ACCESS OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to request access to the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details set out below including your name and contact details. We may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information. In some cases, we may be unable to provide you with access to all your personal information and where this occurs, we will explain why. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information within a reasonable timeframe.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us using the contact details set out below and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
If you wish to complain about how we handle your personal information held by us, please contact us using the details set out below including your name and contact details. We will investigate your complaint promptly and respond to you within a reasonable timeframe.
- Log in to the My Account area and update your information;
- Contact Us; or
- Contact our Customer Service Department on:
(a) This Cookies Policy applies between you and us, KITCHEN WAREHOUSE PTY LTD operating under the business name Kitchen Warehouse (“we”, “us”, or “our”).
(b) This Cookies Policy applies when you use our website accessible at https://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/ and any other websites we operate with the same domain name and a different extension (“Website”), and describes the types of cookies we use on our Website, how we use them, and how you can control them.
TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
The below table sets out the type of cookies we may collect on our Website.
|Strictly Necessary Cookies
||Certain cookies we use are essential for the proper functioning of our Website, without which our Website won’t work or certain features won’t be accessible to you. For example, we may need to remember data you’ve inputted from one page to the next in a single session.
|Performance, preference and statistical Cookies
||Performance and preference cookies collect information about your use of the Website to help enhance the services we provide to you. We collect information about how you interact with the Website, including the pages you visit and the frequency of your visits. This information helps us identify patterns of usage on the site, collect analytics data, identify issues you may have had on the Website, make changes to enhance your browsing experience, and analyse if our marketing is effective and relevant to you.
||We use functional cookies to improve your experience on our Website and make things more convenient for you. These cookies personalise your experience on our Website based on your preferences, by remembering your details such as your login details or region.
Security cookies are a type of functional cookie, which assist with website and user account security. Load balancing session cookies are used for the duration of the session to distribute user requests across multiple servers to optimize website speed and capacity. We may also use user interface customization persistent cookies to store a user’s preferred version of our Website, such as font and language preferences.
|Advertising and marketing cookies
||Advertising and marketing cookies are used on our Website to provide you with targeted marketing materials in accordance with your interests and preferences. These cookies remember that you visited our Website, and we may provide this information to third-parties. These cookies usually cannot personally identify you, so your anonymity is typically secured. These cookies ensure that advertisements displayed to you are things that may be of interest to you.
||Content cookies are placed by many social media plugins (like plugins that allow you to share content on Facebook), and other tools to enhance the content displayed on a website (for example, services that allow the playing of video files). We integrate these plugins into our Website to improve usability and customer experience. Some of these third party services may place cookies that are also used for the purposes of behavioural advertising or market analysis.
|Pixels (Web beacons)
||Pixels: (also known as web beacons), is a form of code embedded into a website, email, advert, or video, which sends information about your website use to a server. We use these, in conjunction with cookies, to track activity by a particular device or browser.
HOW LONG WILL COOKIES REMAIN ON MY DEVICE?
The amount of time that a cookie remains on your computer or device depends on the type of cookie – cookies are either “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted, so they may remain on your device for as little as 10 minutes to several years. Session cookies last until you stop browsing, so just for the relevant session.
We may use third party analytics cookies to collect information about your interaction with our Website. We also may use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers including Zaius, to help process data. To find out more, see How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.
HOW DO I CONTROL COOKIES
(a) Usually, you can control and manage cookies through your browser. You can control whether or not your browser accepts cookies, how to filter and manage cookies, and how to delete cookies at the end of a session.
(b) If you remove or block cookies, this may negatively impact your experience of our Website and you may not be able to access all parts of our Website.
(c) Many third party advertising services allow you to opt out of their tracking systems, by giving you the opportunity to opt out by way of a pop-up before downloading cookies to your device. You can also visit www.youronlinechoices.com.au to learn more.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this Cookies Policy from time to time. When we make changes, we’ll update the “Last updated” date at the top of the Cookies Policy and post it on our sites. We encourage you to check back periodically to review this Cookies Policy to ensure that you are aware of our current Cookies Policy.